‘Colling’ all food and whisky lovers. Collingwood Whiskylicious is pleased to announce its return to Collingwood, Ontario from January 17-28, 2017. Presented by Collingwood Whisky, which is crafted in the town itself, the vibrant, twelve day festival gives Collingwood’s outstanding local chefs the chance to share their sweet and savoury creations, inspired by Collingwood Whisky.
Collingwood Whisky is an artisanal whisky made at Canada’s longest continuously owned and operated distillery which is located in the town of Collingwood. Collingwood is made using water from the pristine Georgian Bay and fine grains sourced primarily from Canadian farms. The whisky is finished with an extra maturation step of resting with heavily toasted Maplewood staves, something unique in the world of Canadian whiskies.
More than 23 restaurants and specialty food shops in Collingwood will participate in Whiskylicious 2017, up from 18 in 2016. These signature locations are preparing one-of-a-kind taste sensations, from ribs, beef and salads to butter tarts and brulees. The full list of signature locations are available at www.collingwoodwhiskylicious.ca with updates on Facebook.
New in 2017 is the Whiskylicious Central Downtown Festival Area. This Simcoe Street celebration will honour local chefs, artists, brewers, musicians and more on January 27 from 5:00-9:00 p.m. and January 28 from 1:00-9:00 p.m. Whiskylicious Central is a 2 day arts & culinary finale to the Whiskylicious Festival. The unique fête takes place in Collingwood’s historic, harbourfront downtown in and around the Tremont Café and Studios on Simcoe Street.
Whiskylicious Central highlights include:
- An ice bar serving Collingwood Whisky cocktails like the Tom Collingwood, French Canadian, Collingwood Sour and Simcoe Sipper.
- Whisky barrel-aged beer from Collingwood’s local breweries
- A barrel rolling race
- Live local bands
- Barrel head artwork auction
- Vendors with whisky inspired food and lighthouse associated art, including handmade pottery whisky mugs
In addition, two special presentations offer limited seating experiences:
- Come to Our Table, South Georgian Bay Community Cookbook Demo & Tasting with Publishers Heather Goldsworthy and Rheanna Kish and The Huron Club’s Chef Jesse Reed (January 27 at 7:00 p.m)
- Publishers Heather Goldsworthy and Rheanna Kish will give a behind-the-scenes look at the book and project, and The Huron Club’s Chef Jesse Reed will then demo his recipe from the cookbook featuring Collingwood Whisky. The event includes a tasting of the recipe itself plus the Whiskylicious Lounge featuring some great Collingwood Whisky cocktails. Limited seating.
- Whisky Master Classes with Alexis Green, Collingwood Whisky Brand Ambassador (January 28 at 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.)
- Learn about how Collingwood Whisky is made and its taste and versatility along with a mixology showcase featuring locally-inspired cocktails made with Collingwood Whisky. Finally, practice mixing Collingwood’s signature drinks before trying them out yourself! Appetizers will also be served courtesy of the Farm To Table Market & Kitchen. There are only 30 spaces available for each session.
Made on the shores of Georgian Bay, Collingwood Whisky reflects the native spirit of Collingwood. Experience this finely crafted whisky and raise a glass to the town’s local talent by joining in the celebration of Whiskylicious.
Whiskylicious is organized by the Downtown Collingwood BIA and the Town of Collingwood with generous support from Collingwood Whisky. Visit www.collingwoodwhiskylicious.ca to guide your adventure! Honour the pursuit. Sip Responsibly